ACMS PTO Meeting Summary
May 21 at 7:45 a.m. - Next meeting June 13 —a THURSDAY—at 7:45 a.m. in the ACMS Staff Room
Present were Susie Overall, Stefanie Deuber, Hien Larson, Stacy Russell, Coral Cavanagh, Raughley Koehler,
Jenny Suh, Yvonne Moore, Birgitta Depaoli, Stacie Krenicki, and Janet Atkinson
Dates to Note
• Spring Dance - June 7 Spring Dance at ACMS
• Honor Roll Breakfasts - June 4 (7th), June 5 (6th), and June 6 (8th)
• 6th Grade Social - June 5
• Wild Island - June 19
• Graduation - June 20
• August 20 - Cougar Day
• Honor Roll Breakfasts
• June 4 (7th grade), June 5 (6th grade), and June 6 (8th grade)
• Sign-up genius is ready. Coral will produce the email lists. Kathy, Meagan and Courtney will be
there to set up.
• Coral moved, Jenny seconded, and the group voted to spend $200 on a get-well gift.
• The group unanimously approved the PTO Resolution for Climate Action.
o Copies of our resolution will be transmitted to Dr. Leri; district, county, state, and national
school boards; other education professionals; and to members of the U.S. Congress.
Sign-up Genius and other Accounts
• ACMS PTO has a Sign-up Genius
• Outgoing officers will provide incoming board with login info for our various accounts.
• This is our first fundraiser of the year. We sell school supply kits at Cougar Day.
• Stefanie will coordinate this.
• We were not able to donate our left over school supplies to Paradise Fire Victims, as we had hoped.
We may have enough left over to sell them at the beginning of the year.
• Before Cougar Day, get the word out that school supplies will be available. Send an email to the
Silent Auction Follow-up
• Coral will produce a half-page form letter with Tax I.D. info and do a mail merge on the Silent Auction
• Susie will get some simple thank you cards, and we will divide up the list of donors at our next
meeting. We will send the form letter along with hand-written thank you notes to our donors.
• The group began an ongoing discussion regarding where PTO funds go. Are there other enrichment
activities or supplies or programs that the PTO can fund, rather than transportation for field trips?
• Account balance 5/20/19 $10,897.
• Silent Auction total income was $7,216.37, expenses $605, total net $6,611.37.
• Outstanding payments due total about $3,300.
Movie this summer
• Raughley will coordinate this with Hien.
• Showing a movie outdoors would be nice, but impractical, because it will still be light outside.
• Perhaps we can have a parent social outdoors during the movie?
Next meeting June 13 —THURSDAY—at 7:45 a.m. in the ACMS Staff Room
The next PTO meeting is Thursday, November 12th at 10am via Zoom.