November 13th, 2018 - Meeting summary
ACMS PTO Meeting Summary
November 13, 2018, 7:45 .m. (Next meeting Dec 11 at 7:45 a.m.)
Present were Stephanie Bragg, Katie Flynn, Raughley Koehler, Coral Cavanagh, Stacy Russell, Jenny Suh, Susie
Overall, Lisa Laliotis, Birgitta Depaoli, and Hien Larson.
Measure AA Update
• 2,000 outstanding ballots. 74% passing so far.
• The current campaign managers are putting together notes for the next round of the campaign.
Disneyland Ticket Giveaway
• Because of the importance to our school district of Measure AA campaign, we are postponing the
Disneyland Ticket Giveaway to November 30.
• One-day Park-Hopper tickets with no blackout dates.
• Advertise for the giveaway. Perhaps use a Thanksgiving theme – Thank You for your support! Disneyland
Tickets would make a good holiday gift.
• Tickets for sale at Movie Night.
Movie and Night and Disneyland Ticket Giveaway
• 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Doors open 4:45 little earlier than that.
• Sell tickets for the Disneyland Ticket Giveaway. Over $1,000 value.
• Sell snacks and (empty) Cougar Bags.
• “Guardians of the Galaxy” or “Incredibles 2” are first choices.
• Last year was about 80% 6th graders.
• Boys and Girls club will leave their equipment our (such as air hockey, table tennis, foosball) for use
during the movie.
• Lisa will ask Event Masters whether we can borrow the popcorn machine.
• We can hire one of the kitchen staff to help with cooking pizzas and one of the janitor’s staff for clean-
• Raughley will talk to Hien about the staff and the AV equipment.
• Messaging for Movie Night - bring water bottles, lawn chair, and onesies if they like. No blankets.
Disneyland Ticket Giveaway at intermission. Activities such as air hockey, table tennis, foosball will be
available. Snacks will be available for sale.
• Volunteers for food, games, restroom.
• Get an email sign-up genius out Sunday November 26 and start advertising this in Cougar News right
away. Raughley will be the contact email.
• $5,296 balance in our bank account with nothing outstanding.
• $678 in our PayPal account. $800 has come in from the Disneyland raffle so far, and some outgoing
payments (Constant Contact, for example) come from that account.
• Shady Creek transportation cost $4,175 for four charter buses down and $2,082 for the return trip.
o Not all of the parents’ payments have come in. Some of the checks might be in some of the kids
backpacks. Some people may have simply forgotten to pay.
o In the past, PTO has provided about $3,000 for the trip. Stephanie moved, Coral seconded, and
the group duly approved providing $3,000 for the Shady Creek trip.
o ACMS has been using some discretionary funds (that might, for example be used for teacher
• It was duly moved, seconded, and approved to provide $700 for an Arts for the Schools Assembly, “Flor
• Coral moved, Raughley seconded, and the group duly approved Birgitta as Treasurer.
• Money from Savemart last month was $178. So far this year, $1,074.
• Messaging - With holidays coming up, be sure to support our local merchants. Shop local Saturday.
Future Fundraisers and Community Support
• Do the Hot Tamales fundraiser again this year. Delay until after January 1.
• Provide regular updates on what the PTO spends money on.
• The group approved donating our leftover Cougar Bags and school supplies to those affected by the
• Silent auction this spring – get emails for merchants who donated and send thank yous.
Principal’s Update – Hien Larson
• The Bright Bytes survey is a way for us to measure the effectiveness of technology throughout the
district. Students, Parents, and Teachers are surveyed each year. Your feedback is critical! Please take
the time to complete the survey as soon as possible. Survey: www.BByt.es/RJ3BP
• Boys and Girls Club has low attendance. It’s a good deal and there are many fun activities. PTO can help
get the word out. Put a poster about Boys and Girls club up at Movie Night.
• ELAC meeting in January. Let’s get a PTO member there.
• Snow days. 6:00 call is the default; parents can go to the system and request a 5:00 a.m. call. Delayed
start of school is also possible (2 hours later than normal). Dr. Leri always puts the announcement on the
TTUSD app first.
• Thank you very much for the meals during Conference Week!!
• Our meetings will generally be on the 2nd Tuesdays of the month at 7:45, in the ACMS staff room.
• Next meeting December 11 at 7:45 a.m.
The next PTO meeting is Thursday, February 9th, 2023 at 7:45 am in the ACMS Staff Room.