ACMS PTO Meeting Summary
January 17, 2018 - Next meeting February 7. In the Staff room at 7:45 a.m.
Executive Committee Meeting
Present: Hien Larson, Stephanie Bragg, Kari Chalstrom, Jenifer Standteiner, Coral Cavanagh, Lisa Laliotis, Susie Overall, Heather Spear
Need to get word out on closing time – 8:00 p.m.
• Plan on 240 bags of popcorn – 6 popcorn kits
• If it’s a snow day, the event if cancelled
• Pizza $2/slice
o 12 slices per pizza
o 15 pizzas
• Popcorn $1/bag
• 50 cents for water
o We got 12 cases of water donated from DBI Beverages.
o Tell the kids to refill them in the water fountain.
• Cuties - free with a slice of pizza
• Cheap paper plates and napkins. No cups.
• Kids bring chairs and we’ll pull out the bleachers.
• Need monitors for hall and bathrooms.
• Send reminder/request for volunteers out to all parents via Sign-up genius.
• Items needed: balls, tetherball, jump rope
• Ga-ga ball is a no-go
• Maybe change the playground rules. Could discuss this with the yard supervisors.
• Play structure
• Boulders, balance stuff, tree stumps
• Girl scout troop wants to do something. The troop can submit a proposal.
• Hula hoops, jump ropes, balls
• Coral moved, Susie seconded, that PTO provide Hien $300-$500 for balls purchased from the
Teen Activity Night
• More activities with a variety of things to do.
Next full meeting is Wednesday, February 7 at 7:45 a.m
The next PTO meeting is Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023 at 7:45 am in the ACMS Staff Lounge