ACMS PTO Meeting Summary
June 13, 2019
Next Meeting - August 15 at noon at the Lift Coworking Space
Present were Susie Overall, Coral Cavanagh, Stephanie Bragg, Hien Larson, Raughley Koehler, Stacy Russell,
Stefanie Deuber, Yvonne Moore, Birgitta Depaoli, and Janet Atkinson.
• Yearbook day is today.
• Beach day is June 14.
• Graduation practice starts Tuesday.
• Wednesday June 19 is the 8th Grade Honors Assembly, followed by graduation practice, then the trip
to Wild Island.
o Hien will send an email with details.
• The recent dance cancellation affects fundraising, but we will be okay. The school may ask PTO for
help with up-front funding for the fall dance.
• Looking for dates for a summer movie night.
• Teachers will be determining school supply lists in the next couple of weeks.
• Activities such as Aim High and the Antique Show (Jul 17–18 setup, 19–21 is the show) are going to
take place this summer.
o The Antique Show earns money for the school.
o Susie will help with a sign-up genius for Antique Show volunteers.
• Cougar Day is August 20.
Voting and Official Business
• Stephanie moved, Coral seconded, and the group voted to spend $500 for painting supplies, to
support the Girl Scout Troop that will be painting a mural at the school.
• The ACMS PTO accepted the resignations of outgoing President, Stephanie Bragg and outgoing
Secretary, Coral Cavanagh.
o Stephanie and Coral are grateful for the well wishes and for the excellent support from fellow
officers, chairs, and member volunteers.
8th Grade Dance
• Chaperones needed.
• This is our first fundraiser of the year. We sell school supply kits at Cougar Day.
• Stefanie will coordinate this. Teachers will be determining school supply lists in the next couple of
weeks. In the meantime, Stefanie will get the supplies ordered based on last year’s list, and will
update with additional items if there are changes to last year’s lists.
• Before Cougar Day, get the word out that school supplies will be available. Send an email to the
Who funds what?
• The Excellence in Education Foundation funds grants for things needed in the classroom (sustainable
items for long-term use).
• The Associated Student Body funds supplies for events and stocks the snack bar for fundraising at
home games, and sometimes purchases playground equipment.
• PTO funds field trips, Arts for the Schools assemblies, and some playground equipment. We also
purchase some of the food and service items for honor roll breakfasts and staff appreciation week.
Silent Auction Follow-up
• We made assignments for writing thank you notes.
• Please see the spreadsheets on the drive for assignments and addresses.
o 2019SilentAuction Analysis - find assignments in this file - fill out column D when done
o 2019 Silent Auction Donor List - find addresses here
• Susie is getting some simple thank you cards - she will place them in the PTO box in the office.
• Coral is printing donation receipts- she will place them in the PTO box in the office.
o Those writing cards should fill out the receipt with the donor company’s name and the items
donated, and enclose it with the hand-written thank you card.
• Stephanie Bragg has stamps we can use - she will place them in the PTO box in the office.
• Use the ACMS address as the return address.
Honor Roll Breakfast
• Courtney Murrell and Rosa Davis will be taking over coordination of Honor Roll Breakfasts.
• PTO will reach out to them to see what kind of support they can use for Honor Roll.
Climate Action Resolution Follow-up
• Janet thanked the PTO for passing our resolution
• Students from California and D.C. brought the AMCS Resolution to over 50 members of Congress.
Next meeting - August 15 at noon the Lift Coworking Space
The next PTO meeting will be Wednesday, October 8th, 2021 at 7:40 am in the ACMS Staff Lounge. We will also set up a Zoom link, email us for details.