ACMS PTO Meeting Summary
April 30, 2019 - Next meeting May 21 at 7:45 a.m.
Present were Stephanie Bragg, Stefanie Deuber, Susie Overall, Stacy Russell, Coral Cavanagh, Raughley Koehler,
Marie Desmond, Yvonne Moore, and Janet Atkinson,.
Silent Auction follow up
• About $5,900 gross and about $5,500 net, including $435 in cash donations and net on food
• Lodging, food, and gift cards were out most popular, profitable items.
• We should not accept used items and we should make that clear.
• Watch out for expiration dates.
• Could consolidate the description onto bid sheet and possibly have fewer bidding lines.
• Consolidate our best basket themes and give parents a choice of which theme to donate for, rather than
assigning the themes to the classes.
• Maybe double-side the tables so that people can walk on both sides.
• Maybe a wall of gift cards?
• Find a way to gift plenty of credit to the businesses (signs, banner?) for the donations. Even having a
business card with the item would work.
• For the meal, hand the people a plate when they buy their ticket, to minimize people using multiple plates
for the meal. Have bowls at the pozole station. Small cups for fruit. Cups for agua fresca.
Stephanie moved, Yvonne seconded, and the group voted and approved funding for the 7th grade field trip.
Coral moved, Stephanie seconded, and the group voted and approved buying coffee for staff appreciation week.
Honor Roll Breakfasts have been postponed
Janet Atkinson of the Schools for Climate Action
• Both state and national PTAs have highlighted the importance of climate change and its impact on children.
• TTUSD passed a resolution regarding the importance of healthy and environmentally sound schools.
• These resolutions are generally acting our elected leaders to act upon this.
• Schools for Climate Action, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization has been gathering resolutions from
various orgs (student councils, school districts, national caucuses, other national organizations) with the
goal of influencing Washington D.C. in the interest of our children.
• Passing a climate action resolution and taking actions toward involvement can also help educate on the
importance of civic engagement.
• Her organization’s goal is to have our PTO and the Student Council to pass a resolution.
Staff Appreciation - Week of May 6
Susie will send an e-blast with the sign-up genius.
• Monday - Coffee day. Stacy may be able to get cups.
• Tuesday - Baked goods (will we ask for donations via a sign-up genius?)
• Wednesday - Catered lunch from Golden Rotisserie (PTO will fund this)
• Thursday - Breakfast/Granola Bars - We will ask for donations via a sign-up genius for this.
• Friday - Baked goods - We will request/purchase items from Sierra Bakehouse
• Susie has a sign-up genius sheet from last year and we can modify that for this year, if needed.
Next meeting May 21 at 7:45 a.m.
The next PTO meeting is Thursday, December 8th, 2022 at 6:15 pm in the Raley's ONE Loft.